Lawrence M. Hecker is the managing partner of Hecker PLLC.
Mr. Hecker’s law practice focuses primarily in the areas of corporate and general business law, securities regulation, real estate, business start‑up, capital formation transactions, corporations, mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance. Mr. Hecker is a frequent panelist and speaker on securities regulations and corporate law and capital formation education seminars.
Mr. Hecker received both his Bachelor of Arts degree (1969) and his Juris Doctor (1972) from the University of Arizona. He was on the Board of the Arizona Department of Transportation from 1979 through 1983, serving as Chairman in his last year, and was Chief of Staff to Governor Bruce Babbitt from 1983 through 1984. He has served as Chairman of the Securities Regulations Section of the State Bar of Arizona, and is a member of the Securities Regulations and Business Law Sections of the State Bar of Arizona.
Mr. Hecker is an Assistant Adjunct Professor at the University of Arizona, College of Law teaching Law and Entrepreneurship.
Mr. Hecker is listed in the 1993-2014 editions of Best Lawyers in America in the area of Corporate Law.
Current Boards and Committees (Partial List)
- Member – Executive Committee, Desert Angels (Angel Capital Network)
- Chair – Pima County Bond Advisory Committee
- Chair – TREO Economic Blueprint Steering Committee
- Chair – IdeaFunding
- Past Chair, Board member – Downtown Tucson Partnership
- Member – Tucson Airport Authority
Other Activities and Honors
- Selected Tucson’s Best Lawyer of the Year for 2010 in the area of Corporate Law
- Tucson Chamber of Commerce “Man of the Year” Award for 2008
- U of A McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship – Business/Law Exchange Award, 2008
- U of A James E. Rogers College of Law – Distinguished Alumnus Award, 2008
- U of A McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship – Entrepreneurial Fellow, 2007
- Regional Chair, Victory Together – Yes on 300 (MLK Day) Committee
- Community Service Honoree, Tucson Urban League, 1997
- Recipient, 1997 Attorney General’s Civil Rights Division Award
- Co-Founder, Tucson-Pima Anti-Hate Crime Task Force
- Recipient of Community Service Award from L.U.L.A.C. in 2007
- Recipient of Tucson Regional Economic Opportunity’s 2007 Volunteer of the Year Award
- MLK Holiday Drum Major Award